Saturday, January 22, 2011

The post party bliss... a fashionista pink and black party

It feels so good to cuddle up with the hubby after the party festivities are all done and just enjoy the memories from the day. Watch a little TV and pass out on the couch with a smile of satisfaction on my face.

I love throwing a good party. From the first impression of the invitations to the last memory of the kids taking home the goody bags. Everything in between especially the cake!


This will be a long post about my Darling Daughters Birthday party... so if you love to hear about the process I go through then grab a cup of tea or coffee and fallow along with me. There will be ton of visuals so it might not be as long as it seems... hehe.

It all starts about a month before the party when it takes me about a week to get my kids to decide on a party theme. Then another week to design ad make the invitations to match the party supplies they have picked out. Trinity went with a Fashionista theme. Here are the supplies.


So from this what better way to say fashion then making some purse invitations?



When ever their birthday falls on a schooldays I also make cupcakes for the kids to take to class. These were fun using the ribbons around the black paper wrappers.


From there I have about a week where I am decorating the goody bags and making the decor for the party, planning games and finding screaming deals on the prizes. This year I made a few wall decorations a manikin bodice, some perfume bottles, a shoe and a chandelier. My favorite was the chandelier... probably because I glitzed it out with some glitter and it was 3D!!!




And the goody bags were designed so the girls could put their names on them when they walked in to the party. There was only a few stickers and a lip gloss in each one. As they did a craft or played a game they each got a prize. The prizes were necklaces, bracelets, or rings from Clair's. Don't worry I got a great deal on them all, 10 for $10 and some were even less when I got sets for a $1 and I broke up the sets into more then one gift, Christmas clearance helped also. HEHE.


Now I am down to the week of and the days before. At this point I am seriously designing the cake and getting all the supplies for it and balloons and streamers.

I new the cake had to be pink and black but I was stumped on the ideas for it. I had the opportunity to speak with the Mother of a friend of mine, who by chance decorates cakes for a living. She drew up a sketch of her ideas and I just loved it. She turned me on to a recipe for Modeling Chocolate and WOW... no yucky fondant needed!


I baked the cake and froze it two days before the party and spent the day before icing it and creating the elements for it. I also baked over 60 mini cupcakes and decorated them as well. That night I cleaned a bit and again the next morning too. Then an hour before the party I put all the pieces on the cake and set out all the food and made the punch.


There are so many little details I that I put on here. I just love doing that. Here on the front I recreated the TL logo out of black modeling chocolate and then sprinkled it with black sugar crystals to mimic the glitter on on the front of the purse.


Here is a pic of the back side and if you look closely you can see there is a clasp for the pearl necklace and a flower behind the purse.


The other detail I love are the little pearl candies all over. There are pink and cream ones in several places.


We had 14 girls attend (over twice the amount we ever have) I guess that is due to her being in school this year vs. just friends of the families. The girls showed up and we had a movie on in the background to help them have something to occupy their minds while we switched from one craft/game to the other. We made bracelets, decorated necklaces, Designed and colored fashion outfits, they all got nail stickers put on, we played a game of limbo, broke a bottle of nail polish... J/K it was a pinata shaped like a nail polish bottle. Ate cake and ice cream, opened presents and added bling strings to the girl's hair. Whew!!! What a party it was and we all had such a blast. Thanks to the few Moms that stayed and offered to help, it went off without a hitch... and the hubby was off the hook helping make jewelry and do nails... LOL.

Over all the party was a hit and I even heard some of the girls say that this was the "best party ever", "I am having so much fun" and "this is the best day of my life"... hehe. I loved that last one, mostly because it wasn't my daughter that said it and it was just one of her guests.

Trinity had a wonderful time and was so thrilled that everyone came. She was enjoying being little miss popular.

Happy Birthday to my darling daughter, Trinity! I can't believe she is six already!

I hope you enjoyed seeing into my crazy and creative mind. Have a wonderful weekend. Oh and if you have any birthday posts, please feel free to share... my son's is coming up in May and he is already set on a Star Wars theme. Hehe.


~ Grace ~

More Birthday Party Invitations I have created:

Boy Birthday Invitations:
- Minecraft Birtyday Party Invitations
- Harry Potter Hogwarts Invites
- Lego Bionicle Mask of Light

Girl's Birthday Invitations:
- Angelina Ballerina Birthday Party Invitations

5 comments:

  1. You really out did yourself! Just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what a Fabulous Party!!!!

    I adore all the things that you made and that cake....swoon it was perfect!!!

    I bet she was one Happy Little Girl!!!

    I want a cake like that for my Birthday!!!!

    I so enjoyed the post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you did a wonderful job with everything...thanks for all the details as to how you go about making a party so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG this is oh so gorgeous...I have girls too, so what a great idea. My daughter is having her 7th birthday Mad Hatter's style on Saturday, she is so excited...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know how you feel about this post. I hope you enjoyed your time here and will come back and view more. Don't forget to fallow my blog to keep updated with new projects and ideas.
~ Grace ~